Individual Counseling | Marital Counseling | PreMarital Counseling
All our Counselors are presently full, but you may still request to be added to our Wait List.
Please use the CONTACT REQUEST FORM to notify us of your interest.
Licensed Christian Counseling in the Greater Raleigh area since 2008
PIONEERING a UNIQUE BLEND of COUNSELING APPROACHES since 2008
Our Clients tell us our Unique Blend of Counseling Approaches leads to their lasting
Psychological Healing, Spiritual Growth, and Transformation.
WISDOM | LOVE | ANSWERS. ®
God was healing people before modern-era Psychology was born and gained such momentum, but there are medical truths about brain chemistry and neurological wiring that the sciences have revealed and can be considered when helping people heal from hurts, recover from trauma, and grow. And there are helpful, structured approaches for ministering healing to certain issues. And so our Psychological training is one body of knowledge we draw from as we strive to be loving “Instruments in the Redeemer’s Hands” (to borrow from author Paul David Tripp)...
OUR COUNSELORS received their psychological training at Liberty University. Liberty is a globally-recognized Christian university that educates and trains spiritual understanding AND scientifically-researched, empirically-proven psychotherapeutic treatments. Furthermore, the State of North Carolina REQUIRES Licensed Counselors to complete 40 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) every two years, and only 15 of those are permitted to have a faith-based focus. Therefore, we are REQUIRED to pass exams for each course of CEU study that are STRICTLY clinical in nature (addictions, neurology, psychological disorders, assessments, etc.).
BIBLICAL INSIGHT AND APPLICATION
All OUR COUNSELORS are students of God's Word, reading for both personal and professional development.
Lance Clark, MA, LCMHC, BC-TMH, QS served for three years as a Biblical Counselor on-staff with a well-respected Biblical Counseling non-profit in Raleigh prior to entering Private Practice; during that time, he digested a lot of material written by Biblical Counselors like Paul David Tripp and Ed Welch. An intentional student of Scripture, Lance seeks out exegitical (verse-by-verse teaching with understanding of context, language, and audience) instruction from folks like Dr. Charles Stanley, Dr. Jack Hayford, and Dr. Carl Broggi - and then integrates what he has studied and learned into all Staff Trainings, so that all of our Counselors grow in their ability to understand and appropriately handle the Word of God in their respective Counseling Sessions.
HOLY SPIRIT-LED MINISTRY
Lance Clark, MA, LCMHC, BC-TMH, QS supervises and trains all OUR COUNSELORS in Spirit-led Counseling and Inner Healing Prayer Ministry, having himself secured the best Prayer Training available on the East Coast:
- Graduated from all 4 levels of the School of Healing Prayer at Christian Healing Ministries in Jacksonville, FL under President Emeritus Dr. Francis MacNutt and his Wife, Judith MacNutt, MA, a highly-experienced clinical psychologist. The MacNutts have been internationally known as authorities and authors/speakers on Inner Healing Prayer.
- Received personal mentoring and training from Dr. David W. Appleby, a recognized authority and author on spiritual strongholds, a Pastoral Counselor, and retired Liberty University professor.
- Is HeartSync trained (prior to implementation of HeartSync’s Certified Training protocol in JUNE 2018).
Issues Commonly Addressed in our Christian Counseling:
- DEPRESSION: LOW MOOD, CLINICALLY DIAGNOSED DEPRESSION, SUICIDE
- ANXIETY: GENERAL STRESS, OCD / "RELIGIOUS" OCD (SCRUPULOSITY), GENERALIZED ANXIETY DISORDER, PHOBIAS
- TEENS: Depression, Anxiety, Identity in Christ
- ANGER / SADNESS / LONELINESS / CONFUSION / FEAR / LACK OF CLARITY / LOSS OF HOPE / WORRY / INABILITY TO FORGIVE
- MARITAL DISTRESS: Communication Issues, Anger / Bitterness / Unforgiveness, Post-affair Counseling
- SEXUAL ISSUES: pornography use/addiction, extra-marital affairs, unsatisfying sexual intimacy, impact of sexual trauma on marriage
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE and ABUSIVE MARRIAGES (Verbal, Emotional, Spiritual, Financial)
- SEPARATING / SEPARATED in CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE
- HEALING FROM DIVORCE
- WOUNDS FROM CHILDHOOD: Wounds from Father, Mother, Siblings, Extended Family; Bullying; Molestation, Incest; Death of someone significant to you while you were a child / Various forms of abuse (Physical, Mental, Emotional, Sexual, Spiritual) and neglect, including emotional incest/enmeshment with Parent
- DISSOCIATIVE IDENTITY DISORDER (DID) and other PERSONALITY DISORDERS
- MASCULINE HEART ISSUES: Vocation, Calling, Identity, Workaholism, Spiritual Leadership
- DISPLACEMENT AFTER MAJOR LIFE EVENTS (Divorce, Death, Empty Nest)
- CHURCH ABUSE / SPIRITUAL ABUSE
Clark Christian Counseling - CARY
547 Keisler Drive, Suite 201
Cary, NC 27518
CLARK CHRISTIAN COUNSELING at 543
543 Keisler Drive, Suite 201
Cary, NC 27518
Clark Christian Counseling - FUQUAY
320 N Judd Parkway, Suite 200
Fuquay Varina, NC 27526