INDIVIDUAL COUNSELING (Adults & Teens)
MARITAL COUNSELING & PREMARITAL COUNSELING (SYMBIS & FOCCUS Certified Counselors)
There ARE medical truths about brain chemistry and neurological wiring that need to be considered when helping people heal from hurts, recover from trauma, and grow; there are helpful, structured approaches for ministering healing to certain issues - but we at Clark Christian Counseling don’t worship Psychology. ALL Truth and Healing originate in and emanate from our Triune God; after all, God was healing people before Sigmund Freud came along... BUT a systematic study of anything CAN prove helpful and illuminating. It is only to THAT degree that we consider Psychological training, understanding, and application (Psychotherapy) as potentially helpful as one of MANY tools we are savvy in the use of as we strive to be “Instruments in the Redeemer’s Hands” (to borrow from Paul David Tripp)...
ALL of our Counselors graduated from Liberty University (or are presently finishing their degree through a Practicum or Internship); Liberty is a globally-recognized Christian university that educates and trains spiritual understanding AND scientifically-researched, empirically-proven psychotherapeutic treatments. Furthermore, the State of North Carolina REQUIRES Licensed Counselors to complete 40 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) every two years, and only 15 of those are permitted to have a faith-based focus. Therefore, we are REQUIRED to pass exams for each course of CEU study that are STRICTLY clinical in nature (addictions, neurology, psychological disorders, assessments, etc.).
Lance Clark, MA, LCMHC, BC-TMH, QS supervises and trains all of our Counselors in Spirit-led Counseling and Inner Healing Prayer Ministry, having himself secured the best Prayer Training available on the East Coast:
- Graduated from all 4 levels of the School of Healing Prayer at Christian Healing Ministries in Jacksonville, FL under President Emeritus Dr. Francis MacNutt and his Wife, Judith MacNutt, MA, a highly-experienced clinical psychologist. The MacNutts have been internationally known as authorities and authors/speakers on Inner Healing Prayer.
- Received personal mentoring and training from Dr. David W. Appleby, a recognized authority and author on spiritual strongholds, a Pastoral Counselor, and retired Liberty University professor.
- Is HeartSync trained (prior to implementation of HeartSync’s Certified Training protocol in JUNE 2018).
All of our Counselors are students of God's Word, reading for both personal and professional development.
Lance Clark, MA, LCMHC, BC-TMH, QS served for three years as a Biblical Counselor on-staff with a well-respected Biblical Counseling non-profit in Raleigh prior to entering Private Practice; during that time, he digested a lot of material written by Biblical Counselors like Paul David Tripp and Ed Welch. An intentional student of Scripture, Lance seeks out exegitical (verse-by-verse teaching with understanding of context, language, and audience) instruction from folks like Dr. Charles Stanley, Dr. Jack Hayford, and Dr. Carl Broggi - and then integrates what he has studied and learned into all Staff Trainings, so that all of our Counselors grow in their ability to understand and appropriately handle the Word of God in their respective Counseling Sessions.
Issues We Commonly See in Counseling:
- ANGER / SADNESS / LONELINESS / CONFUSION / FEAR / LACK OF CLARITY / LOSS OF HOPE / WORRY / INABILITY TO FORGIVE
- MARITAL DISTRESS: Communication Issues, Anger/Bitterness/Unforgiveness, Post-affair Counseling
- SEXUAL ISSUES: pornography use/addiction, extra-marital affairs, unsatisfying sexual intimacy, impact of sexual trauma on marriage
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE and ABUSIVE MARRIAGES (Verbal, Emotional, Spiritual, Financial)
- SEPARATING / SEPARATED in CHRISTIAN MARRIAGE
- HEALING FROM DIVORCE
- WOUNDS FROM CHILDHOOD: Wounds from Father, Mother, Siblings, Extended Family; Bullying; Molestation, Incest; Death of someone significant to you while you were a child / Various forms of abuse (Physical, Mental, Emotional, Sexual, Spiritual) and neglect, including emotional incest/enmeshment with Parent
- DISSOCIATIVE IDENTITY DISORDER (DID) and other PERSONALITY DISORDERS
- TEENS: Depression, Anxiety, Identity in Christ
- MASCULINE HEART ISSUES: Vocation, Calling, Identity, Workaholism, Spiritual Leadership
- DISPLACEMENT AFTER MAJOR LIFE EVENTS (Divorce, Death, Empty Nest)
Christian Counseling Near Me: Serving the GREATER RALEIGH area
[Fuquay, Angier, Willow Spring, Garner, Holly Springs, Apex, Cary, Raleigh, Wake Forest, Youngsville, Dunn, Benson, Cleveland, Lillington, Morrisville, Rolesville, Knightdale, White Oak]
and ALL of North Carolina as a Board-Certified TeleMental Health Provider
547 Keisler Drive, Suite 201
Cary, NC 27518
320 N. Judd Parkway NE, Suite 200
Fuquay Varina, NC 27526